Company work anniversary awardsSometimes, companies try and do a good thing but go about it so poorly, they end up doing something bad.
How to do it wrong
- Allocate about 20 minutes for the award ceremony.
- Gather the employee's colleagues together.
- Thank the employee by name for their service to the company. Mention any noticeable successes. Be warm and encouraging. Use their name. Look them in the eye.
- Hand over the award, being sure to note that it's a recognition of their service. Use their name.
- State that you're looking forward to working with them in the future.
- Start a round of applause.